Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My first sale on Etsy!

Last night I made my first sale on Etsy.  I must admit, I was shocked!  If you haven't read earlier posts, I have had some doubt about my skills.  This last week was physically exhausting, and the weekend left me emotionally exhausted, so to sell something that I had made, it really just made my week!  Here's a photo of what sold:
And why have I been so tired?  Well, I spent the last week getting up earlier than usual to attempt completing more projects.  Did I complete more projects?  No.  I got distracted, I spent time on the "little details" and I did not finish all of the things I set out to do.  I did finish a gift for my sister-in-law who is expecting her little bundle of joy around the end of this month.  Like a big dork, I forgot to take pictures, so as soon as she sends some to me I will post them, but I made a custom diaper bag with changing pad and three small zipper bags, as well as a blanket styled similar to the one shown above.  "Well, that's a lot," you might be thinking.  Yes, it is quite a lot, but I had other projects that I had wanted to complete, and they just couldn't get worked out in time.  You see, I had three showers to attend this weekend.  Two bridal and one baby, all for family members.  That can leave you a bit emotionally drained...  The excitement, the memories, the family.
So, after spending yesterday doing laundry and avoiding my sewing room, I jumped online before bed and saw that there was some activity on my Etsy account.  I've had a couple people in the past week "favorite" some of my items.  Low-and-behold, it says I sold an item!  Barely keeping myself upright and fighting tears of joy, I ran to my phone to call my mom, after telling hubby of course.
I am mailing said item to my very first customer today and will anxiously await their feedback!  Although the next few weeks will be filled with sewing, I will not be adding more items to my Etsy shop until next month.  As I am assisting with my cousin's wedding, I have lots of little sewing projects and a few big sewing projects to take care of in the next four weeks, and I doubt it will leave me much time for my other adventures.  I will post my wedding sewing as I get it done, with permission from the bride of course, and not photos of the gowns that I am altering until after the wedding, only my own creations will appear before the big day.
Thanks for stopping by, for your positive thoughts, for your shoulder to lean on!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! You do beautiful work, so I'm not the least bit surprised that you sold something. That blanket is adorable! I can't wait to see what else you've been up to, but don't stress yourself out to get pics posted. Relax and enjoy your time working on that upcoming wedding. =)

    ReplyDelete