Sunday, December 18, 2011

12/18/11 Checking in...

Well, I'm going to keep this brief, since it's getting late and I just finished my Heidi-isms post...
What have I been up to?  Oh, a little of this and a little of that!  Almost done with the Christmas dress for my little girl.  I debated on whether to omit the applique on the bodice but decided the skirt was so busy, the bodice needed a little "something."  Of course, the directions say I should zig-zag stitch the applique onto the bodice.  That would be an awesome idea if only I could get the dress to fit into the sewing machine!  Unfortunately with all those ruffles and gathers, it's just not going to work!  What to do?  Gotta get some embroidery floss and I will be sewing that part by hand!  It actually goes a bit faster than it sounds, of course I have to have the thread first...
The hat is finished, lining is all sewn up!  The coat?  Almost there.  Had some trouble getting my machine to agree with me about where the button-holes should go but we finally came to an understanding.  I also managed to make my own fabric covered buttons:










Here are some photos of Little wearing her coat and hat (without buttons or button-holes):



I've also been busy with a paid project!  See, I made a bag in one day!!!  Okay, so it was actually "started" a while ago, but I still "finished" it all in one day!






Finished up the weekend working on Christmas projects:

But now it's time to go to bed so I can get up early and get more things done!

3 comments: