Saturday, February 18, 2012

Oh-so overwhelming!

Facebook, Blogger, Pinterest, Soopsee, Etsy, Flickr, Yahoo, Google!  Did I get them all?  Well, if I didn't I'll just have to update it later...
These are all the ways to find my Stuff N Junk by Heidi.  That doesn't even include the ways to reach me personally or through MD Services!  So what does all of this mean?  Where am I going with all of this?  Are we getting too overwhelming when we are trying to market ourselves?  When we are trying to get our name out there?  When we are trying to be heard?
I recently joined up with a give away event.
Booty Buns *Go Green Give Charity* Cloth Diaper Giveaway Event

And thanks to Daily Mothering I was able to join a group of wonderful people and not only get new visitors to my site but also to check out some amazing new blogs!

But where does this all get me?  A bunch of new blogs to follow?  The hubby is going to love that!
Etsy suggests to get to know people out in the world, to let them get to know me...  Is that what I'm doing?  I'm not exactly the shy girl, I've just become much more of a home-body over the years.  I like my home.  I like hanging out with my kids.  I like sewing.  Sometimes being online feels like it takes me away from all of those things and not always in a good way.  Where is the balance?  How can I be a "good" mommy, and seamstress, and employee, and wife, and home-maker, and still get the word out to people that I'm a decent person and I make good stuff?  Not to mention how do I keep up with blogging and reading other peoples blogs!
If you're out there...  If you're reading this...  How do you do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment