Saturday, March 10, 2012

Wow, I suck!

Yup, you heard me right!  I totally suck!  I missed my Friday post!  My excuse?  Well, I have been planning a small get-together for my 2-year-old's birthday and I completely zoned out!  Let me tell you what I did do yesterday...
I made:
A chocolate cake, from scratch, with cream cheese frosting.  After it was frosted it ended up on the floor!  Thankfully we live a block away from a grocery store.
Home-made mac-n-cheese
Strawberry ice cream, fresh!
Shredded pork.  Have you ever tried to cut the fat from pork?  It really suck!  Even though the pork turned out really yummy, I may spend the extra money next time and get it trimmed!
We also had Cesar salad with freshly grated Parmesan and I made a peppermint-green tea with a splash of maple syrup.
I actually really like to cook, and especially to bake!  I tend to want to over-do it when we have get-togethers but I think lots of people do.  Right?  I got lots of compliments on the ice cream!  I used fresh strawberries, whole milk, sugar and heavy cream.  It tasted just like when I was little and my Nana would make ice cream.  I don't do the whole "low-fat, sugar-free, low-sodium" stuff when I have people over.  I just can't do it!  I like when food tastes like food.  When you taste something and it takes you back to a place and time that you haven't thought about in years!
What I did not finish was the Belle costume I have been working stalling on.  I had every intention of getting it done!  No really, I did!!!  I especially wanted to have it done because my dad made my daughter a dress-up storage thingy!  I found a how-to here.  Well, in all honesty I found it on Pinterest but I am getting a little worried about Pinterest right now...  Read this article if you are not up-to-date on Pinterests confusing terms...
Anyway, I'll save that rant for another day.  Here is the picture my dad sent me of the (almost) finished project:

Just needs a wee bit of pretty paint!
How close am I to done with that costume?

Oh, just a bit...  And to think, I wanted to do four costumes!  And when I say "four" I meant I wanted to get those done by her birthday, I want to make her a costume for each Disney Princess!  I only compromised on the one by her birthday because I also have a two-and-a-half-month old that I am nursing, making it harder for me to sneak away to the sewing room.  Her birthday is really not until Monday, so maybe if I get a couple hours tomorrow I might be able to knock it out.  Of course, tonight is daylight savings, so I'm already losing an hour!  Oh, excuses-excuses!
I will let you know Monday if I get any sewing time in!  As it is, I've been up since 6 am and it is almost 10:40 pm and I still have to feed the baby and get her back to sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Ha!! After reading this, I think MUCH the opposite! Wish I coulda been there, to eat all that good, full-fat food, I am with you on that one! And the strawberry ice cream...oh, yum! But especially those adorable girls! And the Belle dress is gonna be lovely!

    ReplyDelete