Monday, April 23, 2012

My Husband Is A Cheater!





Manic Mommy Monday!
Yup, you heard it right!  My husband is a cheater!!!  When it comes to chores...
Yeah, I know, it could be worse.  I'm just getting burnt out on it though.
How does he cheat?  Well, let's look at our life today...
Hubby is currently the stay-at-home parent and I am the working parent.  The problem in all of this is, I actually still take our baby with me to work because I am breastfeeding, and because I can, and because that is the plan once hubby gets a job, that I start taking both girls to work with me.  I'm okay with that.  I like that I can go to work and bring my kids.  What I'm having a hard time with is that I am not a super-human!  I can't go to work and take care of both my customers and kids, then come home to fix dinner, give baths, do laundry, do the dishes, clean all the rooms of the house, take care of the cats.  It's not what I signed up for.  Yes, I know I'm whining again!  But isn't the whole point of being married having someone else to share the load?  My problem is the amount of help I get, or should I say "don't" get!
It all started out fine!  He used to take care of the house while I was at work and I would take care of dinners and we shared a lot of the chores.  We would laugh and make fun of our friends that would have "turns" at taking care of their kids!  "Could you imagine," I would say "Me telling you that Wednesday was your night to take care of our kids and that I was 'off'?"  Yeah, the joke isn't so funny anymore!  Sure, he will say that he's going to do the dishes...  What that means is he will wash the ones in the sink (with the lights off!) and then let them air dry on the counter but won't put them away.  We have a dishwasher, but it's a cheap one we bought that never worked quite right and now doesn't wash the dishes hardly at all!  So I told him that I didn't want him doing the dishes anymore because they taste like soap and are never cleaned all the way and don't get dried fast enough to not leave spots and never get put away.
Then there's the laundry...  He refuses to separate any of it.  Bibs, towels, darks, lights, they all go in one load!  After two or three outfits got ruined from the velcro on our kids bibs he finally attempted to separate, but there's always a bib that sneaks in the load.  That wouldn't be so bad except that he also doesn't fold the laundry and won't put it away when I fold it.  I'm the kind of person that likes doing laundry only when I can wash, dry and fold right away.  He also doesn't clean out the lint filter which I have explained can cause serious problems.  So I told him I don't want him doing the laundry...
He only makes food that comes from a box or the freezer, so I don't like for him to make dinner often.
He has gotten into a bad habit with the litter box...  I'm not taking that one on boys and girls!  I told him when he wanted to get pets that I do NOT do animal poop!  We had cats growing up and the box was always my chore, I'm a grown up now and I don't wanna do it!!!
He will wipe down the bathroom but always seems to miss the mirrors, and the toilets...
He does vacuum...  He tries to clean up the living room but instead of putting things where they go he just moves them to another room of the house that also needs to be cleaned.
So, other than changing a diaper or two and helping with bath time, I'm just simply getting burnt out.
The straw breaking the camels back is the complaining!  I just can't take it anymore...  He complains when I cook dinner and use more than one pot and one spoon...  Complains that I do two small loads of laundry and not one large load...  Complains that he does so much and the house is never clean...  All of it said as if he is the only person cleaning while the rest of us dirty up the house.
He couldn't handle our two-year-old today.  After having a nice day yesterday of playing in the pool at my dads, we were all exhausted!  Big sister slept till almost 10 this morning!  Baby sister went to bed around 11 and only woke up once at five am for a feeding!  That's a decent amount of sleep...  Except I'm still the first one up in the morning...
How do you deal with your husbands and chores?  Am I fighting the ultimate worthless battle?

Happy Monday ya'll!!!

Don't forget to check in with the other Manic Mommies this Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment