Friday, May 25, 2012

Food For Thought Friday, My Brothers Favorite Cookies

My nepnew'sbirthday is coming up and I was asked to make some cookies for him.  Not just any cookies, they are his father's favorite cookies!  Our mom used to make them when we were little (and not so little) and they are simply a family favorite!  I'm pretty sure any camily that has ever made no-bake cookies has their own special twist on this recipe, this is ours...
I think what will make this birthday so special for me is that he is asking for the cookies.  This year my brother went into the army and won't be back in time for the birthday party.  I think this special request will make him that much closer to him!


1 3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
4 Tbsp cocoa
1/2 cup coconut
3 cups quick cooking oats
1 tsp vanilla

Combine sugar, milk, butter and cocoa in pan, bring to a boil and boil for 1.5 minutes then remove from heat.  Stir in coconut, oats and vanilla.  Drop by the spoonful (we've been doing teaspoonfuls to make them last longer) onto wax paper.
We almost always make at least a double batch.  Word of caution:  it's best to pack some away before you dig in, these babies go fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment