Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Meeting Goals!

I am one of the worst people at meeting goals, especially for myself and when it comes to sewing...  I started following Project Run and Play a year or two ago (side note, when I went to get the web info to link, I totally got distracted!) and I have always wanted to participate in the sew along.  I'm going to be honest though, I don't create my own patterns and I am terrible with time management.  Seriously, PR&P tends to even post all the challenges for the "season" in the beginning, so it's not like they don't give you enough time to pull it all together!  I don't have to use my own pattern, as long as you give credit to the source of the pattern, but I find that my pattern collection and my fabric stash tend to never see eye-to-eye.  I have even tried to use the time of year to my advantage as I have always loved the idea of making holiday outfits for my kids, and with two little girls, the possibilities are endless!  I'm not sure how long you have been following my adventures in sewing but I have made only a handful of holiday wear for my kids in the last four years, and even in those instances I have run out of time and had my kids wear the partially finished product!
I recently came across Peek-a-boo patterns and instantly fell in love!  Printable patterns, reasonable prices, great range in sizes, blog posts with tips and tricks, Facebook (this is a closed group, you must have a Facebook account and request to join) page for extra support, and sew-alongs!  I have been watching the other Facebook fans jam out project after project in admiration and envy!  I decided I wanted to participate in the overalls sew-along, advisory; never get your hopes up to get sewing projects done the Monday after you get back from a vacation!  So, I bought the Oopsy Daisy overall jumper when it was released on special and even picked up the Okey Dokey overalls with a $3 off coupon!  I found some twill that I have been holding onto for far too long and printed my patterns.  That's where it all went downhill!  Although the patterns are in color, my printer just doesn't print color well, so I hit the button to print in grey scale.  Too bad for me, the computer decided to print in color anyway, so I had to go back and print the pages again in black and white!  Then the fabric...  I was pretty sure I had washed the fabric at some point, but since it is cotton, I wanted to make sure I had washed it.  All this happened on Monday, I am typing this up on Wednesday and the fabric is still in the drier and my pattern has not been cut!  This is what I am talking about when it comes to getting things done!  My cutting table and ironing board are loaded up with different projects, so I will need to clean all of that before I can get started as well.
I am really hoping that I can get caught up tonight so I can join back up with the group, although I am foreseeing a time consuming process of cutting in my future as one of my fabrics has a directional print that I will need to match up.
My fabric choices:
















I'm going to do my best to get these worked out and done by the end of the week.  Not only does peek-a-boo do a fan photo contest, Project Run & Play is having a denim week!

No comments:

Post a Comment